Turning The Corner

October 27, 2011

Today I had an interview at Comcast for a Retention Executive position. Pending a drug test and a background check……I GOT A JOB!!!! My start date is November 14th and I couldn't be happier. I got 2 whole weeks to bring my wardrobe back to professional standards (and clothes that fit properly). *happy screams* 

The interviewer….he was amazing. He sat down at the beginning of the interview and told me, "I've seen your resume and I'm impressed. Right now I already want to recommend to HR to hire you….so it's up to you to blow the interview." Wow. This put me in the most relaxed position EVER. After all the questions, he just kept saying "great" and "brilliant." Made me feel great. AND he got cool points with me for not dismissing me on sight because of my juris doctor. I thought I had applied to this job with a resume that took this off. Apparently not. When he said,"so I see you have a law degree," I immediately went OH SHIT in my head. But it was nothing to him….thank God!

I'm just happy that it went so well. The first person I called was my Dad.....can you believe that, lol? I can finally start getting my credit on track. In fact….I'm getting a copy of my credit report sent out to me as I type so I can see the damage. I am one of those awful people that slides it under the rug because there was nothing I could do about it. I can finally bring my student loans current and start saving. More importantly, Boo Thang and I are finally a two income relationship. He just got a promotion (after being there 2 months…what!!). We can finally move out of his mom's house and start wedding planning.  *sighs* All is right with the world.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...