Review: If Sons, Then Heirs

October 26, 2011

If Sons, Then Heirs
If Sons, Then Heirs by Lorene Cary

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



After I read a review of this book from a twitter friend, I was all on board to give a try. I found this book during Borders' going out of business sale and was excited.

This book centers around Alonzo Rayne and the Needham family. The core of the story tells of a parcel of heir property that needs to be dealt with to help the matriarch, Selma, be taken care of in her old age. There is also a story of redemption when it comes to Alonzo's mother, Jewell, who gave him up at a very young age. Racism, family intricacies and love plays itself out though the whole of the touching story.

This book starts of VERY slow. So slow that I quit reading this book to start another one. Once the plot opens to the heir property situation the story snowballs into action. The only gripe I had about the book is that sometimes it was hard to know from whose point of view I was reading. The thing I loved most about the book was the family tree placed at the beginning. I needed to refer back to that A LOT. Overall I give this book 3 stars.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Irie said...

Hmmm... I'm totally not going to reach my 100 book quest by Jan 1, 2012, but I can still try. All I have to do is grab every book you mention, lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...