Starting 2011 With A Bang

January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!! I know it's late but it's better late than never, lol. Every time that I start to blog something keeps holding me back. I don't want this to be a part time thing...so I am urging myself to do better lol.

Most people start off every year with a list of New Year's resolutions. I can't with a straight face do that anymore. I tend to break everything that I call a resolution. That being said, I have a list of workable goals that I want to accomplish throughout the year 2011 and beyond. This list is as follows:

  1. Pass the Mississippi Bar Exam. This has got to happen THIS YEAR. If it doesn't then my whole law school experience has been in vain. I have been consistently close to passing, but no dice. I have to be a fully licensed attorney or I feel like I will stuck in mediocrity. I know that it has been said that you can get any job you want with a law degree.....but this is total bullshit. In today's economy, the only thing a law degree does is scare regular employers off because they don't want to pay you what you are really worth. So by April, I hope to be flashing my bar card.
  2. To get a job that doesn't have me living paycheck to paycheck. I am 27 with no kids. Why in the hell am I just barely getting by? I am not living beyond my means. I gave up shopping for the most part and am only splurging rarely. Much more than the amount of money I make, I need a job that makes me feel fulfilled. I think that #1 will help out with this. I also need a job with benefits and I need job security. I've been laid off. That shit is not cute.
  3. To lose weight gradually. My goal is to get down to about 140 pounds. Since I have started my weight loss journey, I have lost about 5 of those, lol. I want to be a healthier, better me. It has nothing to do with what I look like. I think I am a pretty young thing already....I just want to enhance what I have. I also need to fix things before they get out of hand. I don't want diabetes, heart disease, or anything of the like to get me.
  4. To read more. I have always had an amazing love of books. Seems like being in law school pushed that to the side with the nearly 400 pages of assignment material every two days. I would love to make the time to read more and get that back.
  5. To blog more. Today is the first step. My blog throughout the years has always been more personal than informational. It has been like my public diary. Because I haven't been doing this, I have been holding a lot of stuff in.....leading me to stress more.
  6. To go to church regularly. The Sunday after Christmas was my first time setting foot in a church since September. I know that's probably terrible. I have not been able to find what I am looking for when I go to church. Sermons at the church I used to go to are always focused on some particular person inside. They are homophobic and way out of touch with the real world. I am seriously going to find me a church home for 2011 and start to get closer to God.
  7. To move away FAR AWAY from Oxford. I love Oxford. I have lived here on my own for 6 years. All of my best memories were made here. BUT it is time to go experience something different. I am SO ready to leave here. I want to come back and visit and I ultimately want to own rental property here. Living here has been a crutch to me because family is so close. I need to really strike out and do this thing by myself.

So those are my goals. I most likely am going to add to this list between now and December 31st. What are your goals? What are you working on this year?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...