Day 3: Hometown Location and Facts

November 20, 2010

I am from one of the smallest towns in North Mississippi that I affectionately call the Valley: Water Valley, MS. The school district is very small. There is no Walmart, no Mickey D's. We just got a Subway 2 years ago. Sonic was the only place to eat for years, lol. I never want to go back there to live. EVER. Not just because of these things, but because of the atmosphere associated with it. Because it is so small, there is no where to work. You have to travel at least 20 miles to find a job. The attitude of the people is a destitute one and I am afraid to go back there and get stuck.

The most interesting thing about my hometown has to be the yearly Watermelon Carnival. It is an arts and crafts festival that attracts thousands of people. It turns into a homecoming of sorts for people. Class reunions are always held during that time. I haven't been since right after my freshman year in college. But next year is my 10 year class reunion. Wow.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...