The Joys of Work

April 13, 2010

Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy. - Kahlil Gibran

Of course the title is pure sarcasm. To be perfectly honest.....I HATE MY JOB. That is exactly what it is, a job and not a career. I wake up every morning and sit at my desk and think..."I went to law school for 3 years for this?!" I work in collections. And although this might be a lucrative time in our nation's history to have that job, it sucks monkey balls.

I try not to get discouraged but this is a constant reminder that I have not yet passed the bar. But I got to do what I got to do to pay the bills until July when I take that test head on. But everything is wrong with this job except the paycheck....and even that can leave a little to be desired, lol. I have come to the realization that this had to happen. Success for me has always come relatively easy. I worked hard for everything, don't get me wrong....but I have had few struggles along the way. Talk about trials and tribulations.....my life hasn't been the same since September 2008 when I found out I didn't pass. It hasn't been all downhill.....but I have been going through some real character building situations since then. We'll see how it plays out.....


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...