Interview Time!

June 17, 2011

Yesterday I had a job interview!!! This is awesomeness for me because being unemployed has been working my LAST nerve. It's a state government job located in Hattiesburg, MS. (If you are reading this, can you please insert me getting this job into your prayers? I will greatly appreciate it!) It's not legal, but it is something that I can definitely be fulfilled in while I get my financial life in order to save up to take the Louisiana Bar Exam. And the pay is more than I have ever made in life, so no complaints there.

I always get really nervous for interviews. I always worry about saying the right things or answering the questions correctly or making the best impression. This time I practiced. And by practiced, I mean thoroughly rehearsed the answers to commonly asked interview questions. I have logged many man hours on Monster.com looking at articles on interview prep. I walked in there ready. And then they asked me questions that I had no idea how to answer, lol. It amazes me how quick I can think on the fly and how believable it sounds coming out of my mouth! It was also the wrong time to notice how much I say "umm" when I'm stuck…..but hopefully they looked past that. I got some smiles and had good conversations with the two interviewers so hopefully I did well. I won't know anything until the end of the month at the earliest. So here's hoping.

Boo Thang went with me to Hattiesburg. That I am SO thankful for. He helped me drive the 5 hours down there….which is always a plus. I hate long distance driving. He was always a help to keep me calm. He knows how rattled I get and he jumped in like Superman, like he always does.  After the interview was over, we went on a sightseeing tour of Hattiesburg. I had never been to Hattiesburg. I've always been THROUGH Hattiesburg to get to the Coast. Had no real reason to stop there til now. He used to date a girl that went to Southern Miss, so he showed me around. We went mall hopping and apartment looking (by this I mean driving by apartment complexes because I refuse to actually look yet). End result: I have fallen in love with the city of Hattiesburg. I would give a lot to live and work there. I hope that I get this job. 

2 comments:

simply.sweet.confessions said...

Wish you the best of luck hun! I'm rooting for you :)

Unknown said...

I'll send up prayers! I ask the same. I have an interview soon as well. You can do it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...